Hello, I'm Shane
... Otherwise known as a variety of versions of the word "Wanderer" (I really like that word)
Self-taught software developer with a passion for making neat things that work, at your service *tips fedora*.
I have experience with the following (To various extents)
- C# ... .NET Core, Entity Framework, NUnit, Moq, Visual Studio TestFramework ... (Nuget)
- TypeScript ... TS React, Angular, Ionic FrameWork, ... (^)
- Java... Java EE, Spring Framework, Hibernate, JUnit; some Android, ... (Maven & Gradle)
- C++ ... Modern RAII C++ & can work around old/legacy C++ too if needed 😛; Qt ...
- PHP ... Zend Framework, Wordpress; Apache Apache, nginx ... (packagist)
- CSS3, HTML5
- Various SQL implementations (MySQL, MS SQL Server, SQLite, PostgreSQL, ... you name it)
- Various NoSQL databases (particularly MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ) I realise it is debateable whether or not some of these qualify as traditional "databases" necessarily
- Docker is cool
- Experience with cloud services & serverless applications (AWS, Azure)
- Various linux-distro-based servers & Windows servers ... CentOS, Ubuntu, MS Windows Server, Debian, I'll throw in Alpine for the Docker angle, ...
- Cross-platform Mobile Development
- Touched some assembly before (MIPS) -- Would certainly be fine with working a bit further in that direction with more complex x86 family sets
Otherwise, I have some history of doing other, unrelated stuff. Here's a list of that
Other stuff I've worked on
- Graphic Design ... banners, flyers, ads, packaging design, instruction manuals, web & mobile app design, ...
- Digital Illustration
- Staff management of a fairly large team of volunteers
- Some experience in commercial translations (English, Russian, Dutch)